ift Model EPD
The online application ‘create model EPDs’ enables the simple and cost-effective compilation of an EPD for aluminum windows, uPVC windows and timber windows. EPDs are generated automatically on basis of model EPDs upon confirmation of different framework conditions.
For model EPDS, data of different companies are determined that are used as average values in a common ‘data pool’. They state a sector average and guarantee in this way that the EPDs are suitable for most manufacturer. In a model EPD, no specific qualities of the building product can be highlighted that are suitable for the differentiation in competition.
The basics werde developed in a publicly supported research project. This project was supported and promoted by the involved associations QKE e.V., VFF e.V., FV S+B e.V. and BF e.V. as well as the Research initiative ‘Future Building’ of the Federal Ministry of Transport, Building and Urban Development (BBSR) (reference: SF – 10.08.18.7-09.21/II3-F20-09-1-067). Research centers were ift Rosenheim, Institut Bauen und Umwelt e.V. as well as PE International AG.
The model EPD describes the significant environmental effects of a building product. The life cycle assessment is calculated by the life cycle ‘Cradle to Grave’ taking into additional consideration all preceding chaings, e.g. raw material extraction. Furthermore, the stage ‘End of Live’ is considered. Basis for the model EPDs are the corresponding Product Category Rules (PCR) according to DIN EN ISO 14025 and prEN 15804 as well as the ift- Guideline NA-01/1 ‘General guideline for elaboration of type III Environmental Product Declarations’.
Contractual preconditions, contractual basis, conclusion of contract and prices
The following documents are necessary for the compilation of an EPD:
- Company logo (format: PNG, JPG or GIF, RGB mode, diimensions: max. B x H = 500 x 300 pixel, data size: max. 500 kb
- for members: ift or VFF membership number
The compilation of an EPD subject to a charge. The price for ift and VFF members is € 407.00. Without membership, the compilationof an EPD costs € 613.00 (in each case plus value added tax of 19%).
The EPD will be sumitted to the user only upon receipt of the payment of the supplier.
Area of application and period of validity
Consent to the publication of the issued EPD
Suggestions and advice regarding improvement of the model EPDs can be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject ‘Model EPDs’.
Order model EPDs
The following model EPDs can be order currently via the order form:
- EPD Flat glass, toughened safety glass and laminated safety glass
- EPD Insulating glass units
- EPD doors / systems made of wood and wood-based materials (German only)
- EPD roller shutters and rolling grilles
- EPD sectional doors
- EPD steel doors, gates and flaps of the Schröder system (German only)
- EPD windows and lift and slide elements made of steel, stainless steel and weatherproof steel
- EPD facades made of steel, stainless steel and weatherproof steel
- EPD doors and fire resistant doors made of steel, stainless steel and weatherproof steel
- EPD electric drives and pneumatic cylinders