Test Laboratory according to EN ISO/IEC 17025
(flexible according to Cat. I, II, III)
The Accreditation according to EN ISO/IEC 17025 ensures the international acceptance of the ift test certificates by institutions, authorities and others floating tenders.
In 1988, ift Rosenheim was one of the first accredited test laboratories in Germany – the first in accordance with the national standard DIN 45001 and since 2002, conforming to the new international standard "17025".
One of ift's special features for the benefit of their clients is the flexible accreditation that they enjoy − at all levels of competence (categories).
Thus, ift is in a position to respond to new standards and innovative client enquiries easily and expeditiously. In this way, even in case of test objects or test parameters that have not yet been analysed, new procedures or methods can be tested, introduced and offered promptly and without delay.
Explanation of the term "flexible"
The flexibility category „*" grants a laboratory the application of the test procedures listed in the certificate, with different release versions of the standards and without prior approval of the DAkkS.
The next higher category „** - a)" permits the lab to select standardised or equivalent test procedures independently without prior permission of the DAkkS.
The highest verification of competence is required for category „** - b)", which allows the lab − without prior permission of the DAkkS − to modify as well as undertake advanced and new development of test procedures.
The following provides an overview with the content of the test areas for which the DAkkS has confirmed that ift is competent to conduct the test:
e.g. windows, front interior doors, door frames, door leaves, gates, facades, light exterior walls, interior partition walls, conservatories, NSHEV, air tight shutters (e.g. smoke control doors and shutters, simple shutters and others), locks, fittings
- Air-tightness and pressure tests
- Leakage and air-tightness tests
- Tests related to operability, continuous operation, resistance to ageing and ageing response (under mechanical and environmental influences)
- Tests for the suitability of use and the response to ageing (e.g. hinges, locks, lever handle sets, protective hardware, window fittings etc.)
- Testing the strength and tensions (e.g. adhesives/sealants; frame profiles (composite materials); wood and wooden materials; welded joints and glass)
- Suitability of use, material analyses, response to ageing based on material and environmental influences (e.g. lacquers, coatings, sealants, sealing profiles, insulation materials, adhesives, glass and glass composites, wood and wooden materials, frame profiles (material composites))
e.g. windows, front/interior doors, shutters, gates, facades, light exterior walls, glass/glazing, grids, retrofit products as well as automatic/power-operated construction products and their accessories
- Protection against burglary and resistance to impacts
- Operational safety/safety of use (e.g. of automatic power-operated construction products and their accessories)
- Resistance to fire of construction products and construction components (e.g. glazing, doors, shutters and gates)
- Fire behaviour of building materials and other materials
- Acoustic tests of construction products, construction components and buildings
- Thermal insulation, air-conditioning technology, light and radiation technology on construction products, construction components and accessories
For a detailed list of all accredited test procedures, please refer to the annexure of certificates, which is available for download (GER/EN).