Testing of internal partition kits for use as non-loadbearing walls according to ETAG 003
ETAG 003 - Internal partition kits for use as non-loadbearing walls - Internal partitions
Division Building components:
Furter information and contact
Scope according to ETAG 003 (Chapter 2):
This Guideline relates to Internal Partition Kits (as defined in EC Guidance Paper C) for use as non-loadbearing walls:
- with or without fire separating capabilities and/or acoustic insulation and/or thermal insulation
- made of board or sheet materials supported by studs or other ancillary members; made of composite panels with or without supporting framework; made of fully or partially glazed constructions; made of homogeneous units; including fixings and accessories
- designed and erected in accordance with the ETA holder's design rules and installation guide and composed of components factory-produced as part of the kit either by the ETA-holder himself or by other manufacturers delivering to the specification of the ETA-holder, who is responsible for the kit.
A kit, in the meaning of the CPD, is a special type of ‘product’. Therefore, in this document, the term “product” is taken to mean “kit”.
Use Categories, Product families, Kits:
The primary function of a partition is to
- divide the interior of a building (a)
This includes the special cases where a partition
- separates areas with different floor levels (b) or
- is used as an independent lining for an external wall (c).
Requirements according to ETAG 003 (Chapter 4):
- Mechanical resistance and stability
- Safety in case of fire
- Hygiene, health and the environment
- Safety in use
- Protection against noise
- Energy economy and heat retention
- Aspects of durability and serviceability