Testing of resistance to wind load according to EN 12211
EN 12211 - Resistance to wind load
Division Building components:
Further information and contact
Scope according to EN 12211 (Chapter 1):
This European Standard defines the test method to determine the resistance to wind load for completely assembled windows and pedestrian doorsets of any materials when submitted to positive or negative test pressures.
This test method is designed to take account of conditions in use, when the window or door is installed in accordance with the manufacture's specification and the requirements of relevant European Standards and codes of practice.
Requirements according to EN 12211 (Chapter 5):
- Means for applying controlled test pressure to the test specimen
- Means of producing rapid changes in test pressure, controlled within defined limits
- Instrument suitable for measuring the quantity of air flow into or out of the chamber with an accuracy of ± 5 % (calibrated at 20°C and 101 kPa)
- Means of measuring the test pressure applied across the test specimen, within an accuracy of ± 5 %
- Devices for measuring displacements of measured points with a resolution of 0.1 mm
- Means for fitting the measuring devices properly to ensure their stability during the test
- A measuring tape accurate to ± 1 mm to measure the necessary dimensions of the test specimen