Testing of natural smoke and heat exhaust ventilators according to EN 12101-2
EN 12101-2 - Natural smoke and heat exhaust ventilators
Division Building components:
Further information and contact
Scope according to EN 12101-2 (Chapter 1):
This part of this European Standard specifies requirements and gives test methods for natural smoke and heat exhaust ventilators which are intended to be installed as a component of a natural smoke and heat exhaust system.
Requirements according to EN 12101-2 (Chapter 4.1.1 et sqq.):
- each NSHEV shall be fitted with one or more of the following automatic initiation devices:
- thermal initiation device
- initiation device activated by an electrical signal from remote source
- pneumatic initiation device
- initiation device that reacts to remote initiation
- Thermal initiation or release devices shall be exposed to hot gas entering.
- The opening mechanism with energy have to be within the NSHEV.
- All gas containers have to be equipped with a pressure release device to prevent an explosion.